Friday, April 11, 2008
Random Seven Facts Meme
Today at Catholic Exchange I have an article about National Child Abuse Month and how we all need to work together to protect our kids. Please check it out if you have time.
Kathleen from The Daily Grotto tagged me for this meme. Thank you -- I especially enjoyed listening to Pacabel's Canon this morning as I typed up my answers! These are the rules:
1. When tagged place the name and URL on your blog.
2. Post rules on your blog.
3. Write 7 non-important things/habit/quirks about yourself.
4. Name 7 of your favorite blogs.
5. Send an email/comment on their blog letting them know they have been tagged.
Seven random things about me.
1. Someday in heaven I want to have tea with (in no particular order): Teresa of Avila, Chiara Lubic (founder of Focolare Movement), Amy Carmichael (the "Protestant Mother Teresa" of the 19th century whose name I took at confirmation), Brenda Ueland (my favorite writing coach), and C.S. Lewis and his wife Joy.
2. This one is critical: Friends and family stock their refrigerator with Diet Coke when I visit, and would never DARE slip me a *gag* Pepsi.
3. I traveled a lot before I married (at 35), including one summer traveling on a Mexican bus and another summer on a bus across Poland (I speak neither Polish nor decent Spanish).
4. I grew up without television, and instead started playing the organ at age five. I was also a decent ventriloquist at one time. (I don't do much of either any more; when I do play, it's piano.)
5. I have trouble with calendars, both holding on to them (lost my Daytimer while on vacation, and am still trying to piece my life together) and reading them (I am FOREVER getting dates mixed up).
6. I met my husband at the Ballroom Dance Club at the University of Michigan when both of us were well past our college years. (We had an instructor teach swing dance at our reception.)
7. Although I have less and less time for them, I still become unreasonably excited about being invited to participate in these memes and receiving the blog awards that float through cyberspace. Sad truth is, having struggled to make friends as a child, I still crave being part of the "cool crowd." Thanks, Kathleen, for the warm fuzzy!
I tag the following blogs (in some cases I've noticed they've already put up a meme, which I've linked here, but I wanted to note some of my recent favorite finds). If I didn't include you, it's likely because you've been a longtime Catholic blog favorite :-)
* Tina at Antique Mommy (this is the link to the meme she already did, but I enjoy her blog so much I wanted to include it anyway)
* Christine at Domestic Vocation
* Jen at "Et tu?"
* Michelle at Rosetta Stone
* Mrs Fussy (who is now in her third trimester and on bedrest, please pray for her) at Fussypants
* Sandy C at Momisodes (who recently interviewed me for "Connecting Moms")
* Michelle at Scribbit (who has one meme here and whose recent post here about her adventures as a sub organist took me back a few years ...)
I hope you enjoy discovering these blogs (or simply catching up on them) as much as I did!