Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Something for your Easter basket?



ONLINE PAYMENT SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE AT WWW.CHRISTIANWORD.COM!


I'm so excited about this ... and I hope you will be, too!

Do you know someone (a non-Catholic relative, perhaps)who has had difficulty thinking about Mary as her own spiritual mother? Does Mary seem too exalted ... too, well, pristine ... to bother with colic and potty training? I used to think so, too -- and I write about it here.

Behold Your Mother is a revised, expanded edition of a book I did years ago with Loyola Press (it used to be called "With Mary in Prayer"). Since the first edition, a significant development in my own life made me see Mary with fresh eyes:

I became an adoptive mother myself.

This book includes three real-life (mine) stories about Mary and me, as well as 48 meditations based on both the devotional titles of Mary and her story in Scripture.

Author Ann Ball wrote about the first edition: "Heidi's imaginative personification of the life of the Virgin leads us to understand the humanity of the woman while drawing us to the divinity of her Son.”

Preorder and Save! Bezalel Books will be releasing this book in time for Easter (makes a great Mother's Day gift, too). And if you order this book right now, I am offering a special pre-publication rate of $10 per copy (autograph is free). Plus, if you order by 3/14/08, I will spring for shipping and handling - no matter how many books you order! (Free shipping applies to continential U.S. only.)

To order either or both my new books by PayPal or credit card, click here.

No comments: